An advocate of social justice has outlined steps the Nigerian government can take to address the xenophobic attack on Nigerians living in South Africa.
Nimah A, who is a student of international politics, tweeted:
1. Airlift your citizens from SA
2. Send a letter to recall your country’s ambassador
3. Close your embassy/mission within South Africa
4. Summon the South African ambassador to Nigeria
5. Send a notice of expulsion to SA’s president and ambassador till the matter is resolved
She added: “Furthermore, sanction their businesses in Nigeria (don’t be scared of reprisals) they have more to lose than you currently.
“If you don’t prove to “outsiders” or the international community you care about your citizens, you’re going to have other countries carrying out these kind of attacks on your citizens.”
See the rest of her tweets below.